Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summertime And The Living Is Easy

Hope ya'll are having a wonderful first week of summer! The heat has been driving me indoors, except in the early evening. Rachel and I go out each night at twilight to watch the dance of the fireflies! They are just magical, and I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching them. I have been spending some time in my studio working on pillows for Rachel's pink room. The first one is made with little ruffles...
The second one... And the third, I couldn't resist using the pink ric-rac trim! Rachel was given a promotion at work on Monday - Congratulations to her for all her hard work! Being her proud mama and all, I just couldn't help but give her these!
Pink roses for a pink girl! You should smell the roses! Amazing, since most roses are bred without any fragrance nowadays.

Well, I'm off to exercize and then my morning mocha soy latte.
Hope ya'll have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Victoria Lynn

10 comments:

Glenda said...

I can imagine your face was beaming when you heard of her promotion.

I too love the pink and black combination.



Ciao

Anonymous said...

I love the pink and black French look, it's perfect for Rachel.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)
Is it as hot there as it is here?

Unknown said...

Those pillows are absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations to your daughter on her new promotion! :)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Victoria Lynn !!
I'm glas your blog is open again...I sure missed reading your post...thanks for coming over...it makes my day happier to hear from you!
LOVE the Pillows and so happy for you daughter and LOVE her new chandy!! I keep thinking one would look nice somewhere in my home.
Now that I can visit again...I WILL!!
Warmly,
Deb :)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Congratulations to your daughter. The pillows are pretty. Thanks for stopping by - Been very hot here mid to high 90's & heat index in triple digits several days. Now 95 with 99 H.I. Summer came in with a bang. :)
Glenda

Joyce's Journey said...

You are such a sweet mom to buy roses for your Rachel. Sounds like she has a great work ethic. I love the pillows. You did such a great job!! The chandelier is beautiful. I can't wait to see the room when complete. The teasers are great!!

Rue said...

Hi Victoria Lynn :)

What beautiful pillows you made and the roses are gorgeous!! Congratulations to your daughter :)

Thank you so much for your kind words about Shiloh.

(((hugs)))
rue

Ginger said...

We are just not warming up here. I'm enjoying it, so far.
I love the pillows you made, especially the pink ones with the ruffles.
Congrats to Rachel on her promotion. I am wondering if this is the job she got last year when she got her little red car. (i hope my memory is right...about the car color)

Donna Lynn said...

So proud of Rachel, we of course knew she would quickly be promoted! So smart!!!!

I love the pillows they are beautiful, you make such lovely things.

XO,
Your BFF

Rachel said...

Thanks y'all for your kind words! :~)

And thanks for my beautiful roses, Mum. I'll sad that they're dying now but they were gorgeous while they lasted!

As for the fireflies...to think a month ago we despaired of ever seeing one this year.

Love you,
Rach :~)