Friday, December 12, 2008

Dreaming of a White Christmas!

It's been raining a whole lot here for the past three days. So much, that there have been flood watch warnings. So you can imagine my surprise and delight when I came downstairs from my studio yesterday afternoon and looked outside and saw this... It wasn't even predicted! I LOVE SNOW!!! Not driving it in, of course! So Sophie and I put on our coats and went for a walk. Poor little thing, her paws were quickly frozen, but we had fun!
Isn't it beautiful?

It got below freezing and everything was covered with ice this morning, but the sun is out!

These photos are in my dining room. Some pretty crystals and greenery for the chandelier. Don't the crystals look like icicles? The wreath on the table came from Big Lots! and the candle holder from Wal-Mart for $7.99!

A closer look...

The wreath is all glittery but you can't really tell by the photo.

Stay tuned for more decorating photos, I'm putting the finishing touches on the new stockings I made and then just a bit more tweaking of the mantel...

I wish everyone a joyous holiday weekend! We're going to the Dickens Christmas Festival in downtown Franklin this weekend. I'll try to get some photos and post them. It's actually quite famous down here and I feel very blessed that it's practically in my own backyard! What are you doing this weekend?

Happy Christmas!

Hugs,
Victoria Lynn

13 comments:

A Romantic Porch said...

Victoria, Your snow looks SO beautiful. AS does your lovely decor! xo rachel

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Oh how I wish we were having snow!! It looks beautiful. I also love Season's of Cannon Falls, their things look so vintage, I found quite a few of their ornaments at Marshall's & Homegood last year and this year. I am always so excited when I find them!! All of your decorations look so pretty. Have a Merry Christmas (;
Hugs~Kelly

Donna Lynn said...

Wow, that is just glorious, love the snow pictures your camera is just stupendious!! You really captured the feel of Christmas in your pictures...and who doesn't love a weiner in a blanket??? :)

Love your chandelier, it looks great draped in all the greenery!!!

XO,
Donna Lynn

Ginger said...

Ahh I love the picture of Sophie in her coat. Now she needs some little boots. lol
We got some snow overnight on Monday, but it's almost all gone now. So cold though, feels like we might be getting more anytime.
Your wreath that you got from Big Lots looks so nice with the candle holder. And I love your chandlier how you have it decorated.
Enjoy the weekend.
Ginger

Unknown said...

Sophie is one stylin' lady! She looks fabulous in that leopard print! Your chandlier looks wonderful with the boughs of pine!

Werna Gail said...

I enjoyed my first visit to your blog. We seem to like a lot of the same things. I also have cats. It was fun to see the snow pictures, I was raised in Illinois but have been in Florida for about 30 years.
I did not see a link to view items you are selling? I will be back.
BE BLESSED

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Everything looks so pretty! Stay warm! blessings, Kathleen

Nerm said...

Victoria, I love the live action shot of the snow. Didn't you love the big fat flakes? All your decorations look so great. You've done a wonderful job. Nerm

Pear tree cottage! said...

Victoria, the pleasure I get in visiting your blog makes me want to go rushing off to start my room decorating all over again!!! I adore your sweet touches, truly I do.........But just wish to say

It IS! so lovely to be visitng you today. I am taking a quick trip around the blogger world and stopping at dear bloggers I know & love to wish them much peace and happiness for Christmas so......

May the blessings of Christmas this, the most joyful of celebrations be yours today and always.

"Merry Christmas" from Lee-ann

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Ooh the Dickens Festival sounds like loads of fun!

Your home is gorgeous, love your little pooches coat - so chic!
~Tracie

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Victoria Lynn,
Oh we had such little snow, but haven't had it for years. We went to Franklin when we were up your way and it is such a great town, I can just imagine what it will be like. Please take lots of pictures...
Your chandelier is beautiful.
Merry Christmas,
Bonnie

shabbyfufu said...

Your home is looking so festive Victoria. I wish you a warm and wonderful Holiday Season! ~XO~Janet

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

Thanks so much for visiting Victoria, Im so glad you did, because now I got to see your pretty home!

I love the crystals hanging , o m gosh, they are simply stunning! and I love Seasons of cannon falls too, they do such beautiful things! your collection is so cottage sweet! I adore all the red you have also, the tree just looks so pretty!

and what a sweet town you have, everyone looks so festive and happy!

Happy Holidays! ~ Hugs~ Cynthia