Monday, December 8, 2008

Welcome! Come On In!

Welcome to my home! This is the dresser in my front entry. I've had this since I was 6 yrs. old. It has been in my family since the mid 1800's. I love having this in my front entry because it's the first thing I see when I come in my front door, and it makes me happy. I've decorated it with a winter scene for Christmas. I made an evergreen swag to hang over the mirror. Let's take a closer look... I love this "Merry Holidays" snowman. He is a vintage look reproduction, done a few years ago for Seasons of Cannon Falls. This is one of my favorite companies. They always have some wonderful vintage look decorations. I always look for them at the gift shops I go to.

This is "Littlebit Folly", by Bunnies By The Bay and made for Hallmark a few years ago. I loved her the minute I saw her because I fell in love with her red velvet skater's outfit. She has glittery ice skates and a cute fur muff. She's extra special because my daughter Rachel gave her to me one Christmas.

This sweet little vintage look house is a Teena Flanner design made for Midwest of Cannon Falls (now known as Seasons of Cannon Falls!). I love all the details...the bottlebrush trees...the vintage snowman...the little candy cane...and of course, all the glitter! It's also special to me because it was a gift from my mom!

Another Midwest Of Cannon Falls reproduction...a cute red church! The tiny bell in the belltower even rings. And a gift from my mom another Christmas. My mom knows me well!

Santa in his sleigh (Midwest of Cannon Falls also!). I love the bottlebrush tree and the red velvet reindeer. In the background is a tiny Teena Flanner snowman and three glittery wax candle trees. I sprinkled "snow" all over them. These came from Target about 4 years ago.

This glittery "Merry Christmas" sign is by Wendy Addison from Seasons of Cannon Falls. I love how vintage it looks!

My fabulous table chandelier candelabra, decorated for the season.

Next year when I have more time, I think I'll set these all up on a snowy cloth underneath. I just didn't have time to create one this year.

Did anyone see the Hallmark Hall Of Fame movie on CBS last night? Rachel and I watched it and of course we loved it and yes, there were tears. I'm such a sucker for Hallmark movies!

I did some Christmas shopping today and need to get baking some Christmas cookies! Is anyone else baking yet?!


Have a cozy Tuesday!

Hugs,
Victoria Lynn

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, how pretty! I love all your Christmas vignette's in your home! So lovely!

A Romantic Porch said...

Victoria, Please drop by my blog! You're a winner! Congratulations!xo rachel

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

So beautiful Victoria! I enjoyed my visit here today so much. Your pretties make it so Christmas-y.

Winter blessings,
Brook

Lady Farmer said...

Wanted to stop by and say "Hello" from Washington State! ( Rachel from The Romantic Porch sent me ).
Congratulations on winning her porch contest ~ it really says Christmas! Now I must go take a peek around your lovely blog.
Christmas Blessings to you!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Victoria Lynn,
Congratulations on your wonderful porch design! Your blog is very pretty and homey too. I also enjoy taking what is on hand and turning it into something lovely. I've been doing it for years.
I love Jesus also and look forward to celebrating His birthday with my family.
I so enjoy meeting sisters in the Lord through blogland. Please drop by and pay me a visit sometime; I look forward it.
Have a nice day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Ginger said...

I'm really enjoying seeing your home and all your decorations. It looks so cozy and nice. I wish I had an entry to have a dresser like yours. It looks cute the way you have it set up. I love love love the bunny. She is precious. I have a Boyds bear with a red velvet outfit and fake white fur sort of like that. I sure like those wax trees that you got from Target. And the candelabra is really special. I could live in your house so easily. lol
And no, I haven't done any baking yet. I guess I need to start thinking about that soon.
Ginger

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Victoria, Love coming and visiting. Your Christmas decor is so pretty.
May you have a Blessed Christmas,
Bonnie

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Victoria Lynn,
Your home is so Beautiful:) Just love all your Christmas decorations and your tree is lovely:) You have the decorating
"touch" :)
Christmas
J Jesus
O Only
Y You

to You.
Deb

Tracy said...

Looks beautiful! I'm glad I found you again! I wondered where you went! I LOVE your candelabra.. it looks gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Hi! I'm sharing an award with you over on my blog! Come and get it! :)

BittersweetPunkin said...

I LOVE your display...soooo beautiful!! I have NOT started baking yet..I like it to be closer to Christmas..that way I know the shopping and decorating is all done and all I have left to do is bake!

Hubby and I are going into Seattle next week to shop and spend time together...the last time we were there alone was last year at Christmas. LOL

HUGS,
Robin

welcometomyfrontporch said...

I LOVE your entry way. It makes me happy just looking at it. I have been trying to read through your blog at little bits so far today. I love it! You are one of my favorites now.

Glenda said...

Very pretty decorations.

Looks like you've been busy.

Ciao