Saturday, December 20, 2008

What A Difference A Year Makes!

Yesterday was a milestone in my life. It marked the one year anniversary of my divorce. When I got up that day and headed to court, I was so nervous. God had guided my every step and provided for me and protected me. But I didn't know what to expect. My husband told me "I'm not going to give you a penny!" This was after 28 years of marriage. As I headed in to court, the Holy Spirit brought to my mind the scripture, "No weapon formed against you shall prosper". Thanks to many hours of prayer, the faith of my friends (including my daughter) and the goodness of God, I came out of there with my every need provided for. Not to say that the difficult times were over, but God has been faithful and seen me through those times too. Here I am, fresh from divorce court, on 12.19.2007 (the calculator I'm holding is a little joke!)... And here I am, one year later...
After much prayer and guidance from the Lord, I moved across the country from Washington to Tennessee. My precious daughter chose to move here with me. God has provided a new home, a new church and a new town. I love my new life! I want to thank my daughter, Rachel, and my BFF, Donna Lynn, for helping me get through this journey. I know many times they were on either side of me, holding me up because I couldn't stand on my own. And I want to thank my heavenly Father for loving me so much to provide for my every need. Thank you also, dear blogging sisters for all your support. It means so much to me, you will never know how many times I was feeling sad, or lonely and your blogs picked me up, made me laugh and inspired me! I am excited to continue on my journey and see what God has planned for my future. He NEVER, EVER fails us!!
Hugs,
Victoria Lynn

8 comments:

Rachel said...

What a difference a year makes, indeed! We're here in Tennessee with our 70 degree weather when a year ago it was just a little dream...

God's been so awesome to us this year! He has so much in store for us this next year...and we'll have fun along the way!

I love you Mum. :~) You've done so well, and just gotten stronger from this whole experience.

Now it's time for cookie baking!

Love,
Rachel :~)

Unknown said...

You are doing so well your first year! I don't think I was that organized, LOL! Well, that's all I'm going to say about me. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :)

Donna Lynn said...

Dearest Friend,
Yes! this past year has been quite the milestone, I am so thankful that you are happy and well now! God has truly blessed you with so much, so much in fact, that you are overflowing with it all!

Lets continue to pray for the desires of our hearts, wink wink, and God, I know WILL deliver, in ways we can not even imagine right now...

XO,
Donna Lynn

Anonymous said...

Well Happy One Year Anniversary, God has brought you such a long way. HE is sooooo GOOD!! I am so so happy for you and Rachel and I know that you love your new life, it shows!!

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Glenda said...

I too had the same milestone this month. It's been 20 years on the 15th since my divorce was final. WOW that's hard to believe. But I am better off from where I was. I have had my good times and bad, but I've always felt God was with me.

What does not kill us makes us stronger.

Happy Holidays !

Ginger said...

I heard those same words from my ex, and he pretty much got away with it in court. I got $200 a month to raise 4 kids on. But I made it and I never looked back, just like you are doing. You will only get better for you and Rachel.
It's been fun getting to know you these past few months and I want to wish you and Rachel a wonderful, happy and safe Christmas.
Ginger

Joyce's Journey said...

Milestones are wonderful markers of progress in our lives. You have probably been through such a multitude of emotions in the past few years - it is probably very nice to be living your life as you choose now, as it should be. I am happy that you and your Rachel have a different life now and that all of these events made your mother/daughter bond even stronger. God Bless you both during this beautiful Christmas season and throughout 2009.

DarLie*~ said...

He is soooooo providing faithful to the good of his people. You look beautiful Victoria (and I love that black, ruffle cuff tog).
smiles
DarLy*~